Monday, October 22, 2012

Big News

Just a bike ride me and Saldutti were on the other day.

Hej everyone how are you?! 
So this week has been a really good one! I'll go ahead and respond to your guy's emails and then let you know about my week. so that accident outside our house sounds crazy! hopefully everyone was alright and that our fence can get fixed. that's too bad about the blow out for pg and the heart breaker for BYU dad! hopefully they can both turn around and make something out of it. as far as baseball goes, I think I'm with you dad, I think I want the tigers to win. It's been a while for them hasn't it? Have they ever even taken it? So tell Brett Frampton congrats for me on getting called as a bishop! He will be awesome. So the contractors trip this year will be in the Bahama's huh? nice! That'll be super fun! Even if it is super close to Ty's wedding. So mom, thank you so much for the package! I picked it up a couple day's ago and oh man I was in heaven! I have missed Reeces sooo much! ha ha and thank you for taking care of my card and everything. Oh man that is so awesome about Sami Draper and Whitney Nyland! Tell them both they are so awesome! They will both make such good Sister missionaries. Maybe one of them will come to Sweden!  That would be crazy!  This is the best mission in the world though, so if they're lucky they'll get called here :)

So I guess I'll tell you all about my week now! A lot has happened this week! So everything kinda started Friday I guess with zone conference. Everything went really well with zone conf. it was all about how we as missionaries can work more in unison with the members in our wards and branches so that was really good! and then, came the interview..... ha ha so around seven o'clock at night I finally got in to have my interview and I had devised a few probing questions to see if I could get president to tell me where I was going to be transferred but turns out I didn't even need them, he just came right out at the first of my interview and told me! ha ha So it looks like I will be going to the office after all! the next big transfer is mid way through November. I will be transferring up to Stockholm then! I will be what's called a proselyting office elder, or a POE. and what that entails is more or less helping run the mission. ha ha Every day me and my comp will work in the mission office doing computer stuff and things like that until 2:00 and then we will go out and proselyte for the rest of the day like normal. I don't know too much about how it will work but I do know that most people like it. Because it's kind of like being an assistant to the president but without the extra stress and things the AP's have to deal with. So that's nice! President said he is bringing me into the office because of my computer skills and also because he said that from the day my group got to Sweden he sensed that he wanted me to be in leadership positions and the office is kinda to get me prepared for that I guess... so we'll see what happens! Now none of this is final. President is infamous for switching transfers the night before they happen so you never know, but as of now it looks like I'm going up to Stockholm! So I'm excited for that! I love Trollhättan but after almost five months here I'm ready for a change. So the other awesome thing that happened this week is that me and elder Saldutti got a baptismal date with an investigator! His name is Mario, he's Albainien, 25, and went to our church lots back when he lived in Greece. He loves the church and wants to get baptized asap. ha ha You haven't heard of him because we barely got him from a referral this week on Thursday! ha ha and we met with him last night for the first time and taughtt him in the church and he was like, so can I get baptized next week? ha ha we had to be like well... It will take a little longer than that ... ha ha so yeah Mario is awesome! Please pray for him! His dop(baptism) date is for the 17th of November which would be like three days before I got transferred. so I really hope it all goes through! That would be such a awesome way to end my transfer here in Trollhättan! with a baptism! 

So yeah, that is about all that happened this week. I love you all so much and hope you all have an awesome week! and I'll talk to you next Monday! 
love-
McKay Vance.
 So I totally forgot to say in the main email that it was also stake conference on Saturday and Sunday here in Göteborg stake! It was so good! Patrick Kearon from the 70 who was at our last zone conference (prayed in this last general conf and gave the scorpion talk back in April) Came and spoke and it was so good! That's him on the left and his translator on the right of the big screen. We had to all meet in a huge convention center in the middle of Göteborg called Svenska Mässan because none of the Swedish chapels are big enough to hold the whole stake. The chairs in this place were the comfiest thing ever!!!
This is the Swedish word for a speed bump. ha ha So these signs are everywhere around Sweden. and yes, it is pronounced the exact same as it looks. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.