Monday, March 11, 2013

Sorry about all the email troubles.

(Hey everyone! I have no idea what happened to last weeks email/why it got cut off so I'm just gonna keep going with this email and hopefully cover everything important from last week and this week.)


Hey family!

So... sorry about last week! I logged on to my email this morning and the first thing I see is a bunch of emails all titled "no email last week?!" ha ha and I was immediately like..."oh crap..." haha I was just in such a rush last p-day and stressed out trying to get everything done before I transfered the next day that I must have totally spaced to even click send. Well... I feel retarded... ha ha.

But anyways... So here I am in Skåne (the very southern tip of Sweden) and I am loving it! Ah, I have been dying to come to Skåne ever since I was in the office with Elders' Hart, Leirimaa and Asp because they had all served down here and loved it. And I can see why! The south of Sweden is pretty comparable to the south in the U.S. I would say. It's a lot of farm land and wide open fields with rolling hills. The people talk funny and the architecture is amazing! We have the ocean right next to us! Ah! I am in love! I love Sweden! I am serving in a town called Helsingborg, it is right on the beach and you can see Denmark on the other side. I haven't really had time to take any pictures yet but plenty will be on the way no worries :)

My comp is Äldste Whitworth. He is from Glendora California and has been one of my best friends in the mission since day one. He is in the same group as Sanders, my trainer. We get along really well and have a ton of fun together so that is nice :) It's a nice change. ha ha But yeah me and Elder Whitworth have a ton in common when it comes to our personalities and our taste in music and stuff so that is really nice.

Being a Zone Leader is pretty awesome so far. We are zone leaders of the Malmö zone, which is all of the southern tip of Sweden, from Göteborg down basically. There's not too much crazy about being a Zone Leader, we just keep working like normal in our area but then, at the same time we have some extra responsibilities. We go on splits/exchanges with all the district leaders in our zone and train them in things that president directs us on. We go to what's called zone leader council with all the zone leaders once a month up in Stockholm where we are trained by president so that we can then train the rest of the zone. We teach a zone meeting with the whole zone once a month, and then we help teach and run zone conferences once a quarter. Then we have smaller weekly things like calling all the zone members and giving them "pump up" calls, adding up numbers, and keeping track of baptismal information in our zone. Stuff like that.

So dad asked if I would be traveling much because of the new position and I kinda laughed because, the next two weeks are going to be crazy. ha ha So this week we will go to Stockholm all day Wednesday for zone leader council, then on Thursday we will be in Lund with the whole zone for zone meeting, then on Saturday we will be going to Göteborg for some specialized weekly planning training from Sister Newell with the göteborg zone leaders. then, next week is zone conference! haha so we are going to be super busy for the next little while. What an initiation. ha ha But normally, dad, we will only travel like twice a week. Once on Tuesday for us to go to our own district meeting and then once for us to visit someone else's district meeting on thursdays to go on exchanges. We have a car here in Helsingborg since we are zone leaders so that makes it not too bad.

Our apartment here in really awesome. It is super old and pretty small but I actually really like it. The kitchen is basically just a closet but other than that it is fine. ha ha. We live basically right in the middle of town so that makes things really nice.

The ward here is about two hundred members on paper but we only have about sixty active members. So there is definitely a lot of work to be done here, building the ward from the inside and out.

Nicklas' Dop!
So I'll just go over Niclas' baptism real quick from last week since that kinda got cut off. Everything went really well! He was so excited and everything went really well! He was super nervous that he would have to get dunked more than once but the member who baptized him made sure that didn't happen. ha ha And then on Sunday I got to confirm him and give him the gift of the holy ghost and it was so awesome! The spirit was just so strong durring the confirmation. I am really greatful for the oportunity I had to be a part of that.
 This is how I had to clean the floaties off the top of the water.... with a ladel and a strainer from the kitchen.
Sounds like you have had a good time in California and the temple Mom, Dad and Tyson! Thats good, I'm glad everything went well and that Hallah had a good experience. I love and miss the temple so much! I'm really hoping I'll get to go to the Copenhagen temple while I'm down here! It only takes like a half an hour to get there from here! ha ha. Because we live so close to Denmark down here in the south they speak Swedish with a heavy Danish accent and it's called Skånska. It is seriously like a different language some times. I'm still getting used to it. ha ha I honestly have to idea how to describe it so you'll just have to wait until mothers day and then I can immitate some for you guys. It's nuts.

I'm really sorry, this email probably feels really rushed and scattered but I'm trying my best to include as many details as I can in the little time I have left!

I will have pleanty more time to email next week so feel free to bombard me with questions about things I'm forgetting to mention. But for now I have to go. I love you all very much and I'll see you in a year! :)

Love-

Äldste Keetch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.