Monday, March 25, 2013

Comin' in HOT

Hallå Familjen!


I'm glad to hear that you all got a kick out of the zombie lesson that Elder Whitworth and I gave at zone training last week. ha ha It was definitely a lot of fun :) This week wasn't nearly as much traveling as last but we still had a little bit. It was zone conference on Thursday up in Göteborg so on Wednesday night we took a train up to Halmstad which is the northern most area in our zone, and stayed the night with the elders there and then took a train the rest of the way into Göteborg on Thursday morning. Zone conference went really well and then we turned around and went back to Helsingborg that night. Other than that we were in Helsingborg all week so that was really nice to have a full week here in our area. We had 5 investigators in church yesterday, two of which are looking very positive. The first one is a lady named Hermie. She is a referral from Lucy, a Philippino member in our ward. Hermie is also from the Philippines and is very interested in the church. We actually sat down with her and Lucy during Sunday school and taught her the restoration and then invited her to be baptized. She said yes very willingly so we then felt good about extending her a commitment to a date. So we committed her to be baptized on the 13 April and she accepted! So that was pretty awesome! We will have to teach her really rapidly to get her ready by that date but we have faith that she can be ready to be baptized then. The second really positive investigator that we had in church yesterday was another member referral! His name is Gregor and he is the boyfriend of one of the young women in our ward. I guess Moa, the young woman, was feeling sick a few weeks back and Gregor wanted to help her in some way. Well he didn't know what to do but he knew that she was a member of the church so he decided to try praying for her. Well, the next day Moa felt fine again and Gregor was like, holy crap! Prayer works! ha ha So he became interested in the church and wants to learn more! How awesome is that! So yeah, we met him for the first time in church yesterday and set up a time to meet him this week! So definitely keep both him and Hermie in your prayers!

So that is awesome that Barry Holman will be the new bishop! He will do great! He is a really good guy. Mike and Korman will make great counselors too. Mike is a great guy, I really like him a lot. He was always one of my favorite leaders in the ward. That is fun to hear about all the new mission calls in the ward too! I can't believe that we have close to twenty missionaries in the ward! That is so crazy! I think I am starting to forget how big the church really is back home in Utah. I'm so used to being in sacrament meetings with 70 people max (and I've been in what are considered big wards here in Sweden) that it will be crazy to come home to our huge ward again!

So mom and dad, about picking me up next year. I think it would be really fun, but I don't think you guys want to come here in March. It is still pretty cold. Down south here in Helsingborg theres not much snow but it is still pretty chilly and up north in Stockholm they still have quite a bit of snow. I'm not really sure if I'd want to be picked up... it would be really fun, but I think I kinda want to have the experience of coming down the escalator and seeing you all for the first time:) But we'll see. I've still got a long time left! But if you were to ask me I would say lets just come back in June of next year. Because then it is for sure summer, you will be able to experience seeing the sun at midnight and, if we plan it right, we could come for midsummer which is one of the biggest Swedish holidays and it is in the middle of June. So that is what I would say. Obviously that would be more expensive because then you would have to pay for my flights instead of the church, but I think you would be able to get a better experience of Sweden if we did that. What do you guys think?

ANYWAYS! enough of this trunky talk! ha ha

So it sounds like you guys had a good weekend filled with good food as you celebrated Tyson's late b-day! Man I miss dad's BBQ skills and your rice pudding mom! That will have to be one of the first things we have once I'm home. So you asked about some of my favorite Swedish dishes mom... hmm... lets see. I still love the classic köttbullar och potatismos (meatballs and mashed potatoes with brown sauce and lingon berry jam. Like what you get at Ikea) I also really love flygande jakob (flying Jacob) it isn't really a Swedish dish at all but Swedes like it a lot. As for deserts, my favorite has got to be kladdkaka, which is like a super gooey, molten chocolate cake. It is amazing! If you could get a kladdkaka recepie down I would kiss your feet momma! ha ha It is soo yummy! Don't worry momma, I will be filling a suitcase full of Swedish food to bring home with me! There is going to be so much that I miss!
Well that is about it for this week I think. The work is going really good here in Helsingborg and I am still loving it. I hope you all have an amazing week and I will talk to you next week!

Love you all so much!

- Äldste McKay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.