Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Ate Trees!!


Oh man what a week! so, I'll start out by just reiterating that my p-day is not permanently on Wednesdays, it is just for today. so I will be email home again on Monday the 6th, just to avoid any confusion! ha ha


So man I've got a lot to tell you about this week! But I'll start by responding to everything that happened at home this week.

So congratulations to Tyson and Hallah! I'm glad to hear that the wedding went well. Thanks for all the pictures! It really looked like a great day so that is good. Man I still can't believe that my baby brother is hitched! Ah, so weird! ha ha I'm glad to see that I was able to make some kind of appearance at the wedding, even if it was just my head. ha ha That is super funny. I can't wait to see more pics once the professional ones come back, and mom, if you include a wedding video in my package I would be able to watch it. Each apartment has a mini DVD player to watch Church movies and stuff so I could play it on that. So definitely send a copy if you can! Thank you for sending a package by the way! I really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that the few words I wrote for Ty worked well. I really had no idea what to write so I'm glad you all liked them, and hopefully Ty did. ha ha. It sounds like the wedding was an all around great day so that is good.

Man, I've got a lot to go through from this last week and a half so I guess I'll get to it!

So last Tuesday morning Elder Whitworth and I got up and he got all ready and finished packing and then I drove him to the airport to catch his flight up to Stockholm, then, about 15 minutes later, Elder Brown's flight from Umeå landed and we got his luggage and headed back to the apartment. Elder Brown is awesome, he is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. He is like perfect mix of my friend Cameron Tribe, and Jack Black. ha ha So needless to say, we get along great together and are having a lot of fun! He is from San Diego California and has been out for four months longer than I have. So he's about to his  six month mark. So on Tuesday night we had a couple lessons set up and then we went back to the apartment for the night, Elder Brown got unpacked, and then we went to bed. Well, right before bed, Elder Brown pulled out these essential oils that he had gotten from a member up in Umeå and he had one that was frankincense... ha ha like what the wise men gave baby Jesus. Apparently you're supposed to put one drop under your tongue and it's supposed to help your memory. ha ha So I decided to try it. Well, the best way I can describe the taste is trees. ha ha It seriously tasted like I was eating a forest. All in one little drop. It was crazy. ha ha So anyways, we went to bed afterwards and I felt fine. Well, I woke up at about 3:00 and felt awful. I laid in bed for about half an hour and then I couldn't stand it any more and I got up and threw up. After that it was like clock work, every half an hour, for the rest of the night and into the next morning. About 8:00 or so the next morning I finally had had enough and asked Elder Brown to give me a blessing. After the blessing I didn't throw up at all the rest of the day and was able to finally get some sleep so that was good. The best part of all of this is that the assistants were on their way down to do exchanges with us. So at nine o'clock I had to muster the strength to put some sweats on and walk down to the car so that we could go pick them up at the airport. The car ride almost killed me and I about passed out walking up/down the stairs in our apartment building, but I made it okay and then we just went back and I went back to bed. The assistants ended up taking a train down to Malmö and working with the missionaries there for Wednesday and then came back up and worked with us on Thursday once I was feeling better. I had a pretty consistent fever the whole day but it broke later that night so that was good. I lucked out and didn't hallucinate like I usually do when I get fevers. ha ha. That dang frankincense really did it to me! ha ha Nah I'm just kidding, I'm pretty sure it was just the flu, but we decided to blame it on the frankincense. ha ha.

The rest of the week was really good. Our investigators are still doing well. Danii and Rebeka were not able to make it to Church on Sunday because their car broke down the night before. But they are still very positive and are keeping all of their commitments. We are working right now on helping them receive an answer that they need to get married. Other wise, we are really working hard with an investigator that we have who's name is Robin. Robin has investigated the church for a couple years now and comes to church every Sunday. The whole ward loves him and he has been taught everything multiple times. He just can't quit drinking coffee. We also think there's something else holding him back, we're just not sure what right now. So we are hoping to help him figure that out and take the step of being baptized.

Another crazy event that happened this week is that we got a visitor on Friday night! ha ha So we had just parked the car and were walking into the apartment when this cat came out of nowhere and just walked straight up to us, so we pet it a little and then started walking again. Well, it started following us. It followed us all the way into the building and up the three flights of stairs to our apartment on the top floor. ha ha So we just let him in and let him chill with us for a while. We named him chill kitty. He had a collar on so he must have been one of the neighbors cats. But yeah, we just let him chill with us for an hour or so and then we took him back outside. ha ha it was just so funny though because he just came right up to us and then just followed us all the way into our apartment. We haven't seen him since.


So last night, Tuesday, was the Valborg celebrations and it was so awesome! The ward here does a Valborg party every year at one of the member's house's that live out in the country a little bit. So we went to that and it was a blast! It's kind of hard to describe Valborg, but it's basically a Holiday where everyone gets together, lights a huge bonfire, and then bbq's and plays games together. Sounds kinda like America huh? ha ha It was great. We played this awesome came called kub, which is a fun, lawn game, that I'll have to introduce to you all when I get back. Then we did like a scavenger hunt and things and then ate hot dogs and hamburgers and all sorts of good stuff. It was a blast! The reason why we switched p-day to today even thought the festivities were last night is because, like all Swedish holidays, they are at least two, if not three days. So yesterday was the festivities but today is the actual holiday. So everyone is off school and everyone is basically home just sleeping off their hang-overs today. It's whats called a red day today, which means it's a national holiday. So yeah, that's why we have p-day today. So our plans are to finish emailing here, go to H&M (I had another pair of pants give out so i think I'm going to buy some slacks today, if that's okay! I promise I'm not getting fat! My clothes are just starting to get worn) and then we are going to head down to the beach for a while. Helsingborg is such and awesome town and has really nice beaches. Helsingborg is definitely on the top of the list of places to bring you guys when we come back. I love it here. So yeah we'll probably head down there for a while and just hang out. May skate a little bit. Elder Brown got it okayed by president and bought a skateboard at the first of his mission so we got skate for morning exercise sometimes. It's super fun.

The rest of the week looks like it'll be super fun. We are flying to Stockholm tomorrow for mission leadership council, then we will be in Lund on Friday to teach zone training, then we got Saturday which is always a good day, then Sunday, and then p-day again! So that will be fun!

About mothers day mom: yes it looks like I'll be able to Skype home on mothers day:) The computers here are pretty slow but one of them does have a camera and then Elder Brown has a web cam too so it looks like we'll both be able to Skype so that'll be fun:) We can work out details on time and things when it gets closer but I'm excited to see and talk to you all again! Especially you momma :)

Well fam, that's about it for this week! I am still absolutely loving life here in Helsingborg, but I definitely miss each and every one of you each day! I know that this gospel is true and man do I love sharing it with others! Everyone go out and find an opportunity to talk with someone about the gospel this week and see how good it feels! I promise you you'll get addicted. The gospel is like Pringles, once you pop, you can't stop! ha ha.

Well I love you all so much! Have a good week!

With all my love-

Äldste McKay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.