Monday, April 22, 2013

Another Swedish Week

The Hive! A few weeks ago Elder Whitworth and I found this huge apartment building and the entire thing is unlocked (most apartment buildings in Sweden have codes on the outside so that you can't get in) So we dubed it the hive and started going there and knocking doors every time we had an extra few minutes or an appointment would cancel on us and this week we finished it. We conquered the hive! ha ha
 Hallå min älskade familj!


So good to hear for you all this week! Thank you so much for the emails you each send, they really do mean so very much to me! Reading them is definitely one of the highlights of my week each week :)

So this week was a really good one here in good old Helsingborg. spring is definitely in full swing here. This week has been a little colder than last but it has still been nice and sunny for the most part. It's actually decided to be a little murky today and there are some rain drops starting to fall. But hey, that's just the first signs of a Swedish summer. Rain, rain and more rain. ha ha. It really is beautiful though! Everything is starting to be green and the flowers are starting to bloom. Down here in the south of Sweden everything is just huge rolling fields and in the summer the fields turn bright green and yellow so the whole landscape basically changes. I'm so excited to be down here for summer! That is why I think it would be better for us come back around May or June instead of you guys picking me up in March. Everything is still dead and dark in March, but come May/June, it is light all the time, and everything is green and blooming. It is amazing. nothing beets a Swedish summer. I seriously can't believe that this is my second summer in Sweden already! So crazy! It really is scary to think that I have less than 11 months left now. But at the same time nice. ha ha... but no worries, I'm not trunky! Not in the slightest. I absolutely love it here, especially in Helsingborg. Ah I just love Sweden!

So mom, it's funny that you talked about change and embracing it in your email today because we got a call from president this week and there is about to be some change here in Helsingborg... ha ha. Elder Whitworth, will be transferring tomorrow to Täby as an assistant and I will be getting Elder Brown down here in Helsingborg. I'm not gonna lie, I am really bummed to be losing Elder Whitworth. We are super good friends and had a lot of fun together. He is definitely my favorite companion on the mission so far, and he actually said the same thing about me. So it kinds sucks to be getting split up after just a couple months together but hey... that's life as a missionary for you. I'm actually really excited for Elder Brown to come down. He is from California also and is one of my really good friends in the mission. Me and him have pretty similar personalities and will get along great I think. He is a super good missionary so hopefully we will baptize like crazy!

As far as investigators go, this week was great! Things are going forward with Danii and Rebeka. We continue to meet them twice a week and they are making progress towards their goal of the 18th of May for baptism. They both have a very long way to come seeing that they basically have problems with every single commandment, but they are both very willing to learn and very humble. They came to church for the first time yesterday and had a great experience. The talks in sacrament meeting were not on topics that you would consider the best for first time investigators so we were a little worried but Elder Whitworth and I silently prayed all of sacrament meeting that they would be able to feel the spirit and sure enough, after the meeting ended they both began to tell us how amazing the talks were and how much they loved it and what an amazing feeling of peace and comfort they had as they sat and listened. gotta love the spirit! It was a really great first experience with church for the both of them and they both expressed their desires to begin to come to church on a regular basis. So that is awesome! Molood and Azar, our two investigators from Iran are still looking positive. We weren't able to teach them this week but we did swing by their work mid way through the week and made contact with them. They are both so nice and want to learn and come to church but they both are just so busy so that makes it really tough.

Dad asked how my clothes and things are doing or if there is anything that I want like in a package or anything.... hmm... well clothes wise I'm doing pretty good. Like I said, one of my suits gave out a couple weeks ago but that is okay. We don't have to wear suits that often in the summer anyways. But I might need to replace it once winter comes around again. But we can take that one as it comes. As for a package... you are never going to believe this but man I am craving peanut butter lately! I never liked peanut butter back home but now I love it. The only problem is... peanut butter here is awful, and really expensive. So that would definitely be much appreciated. One thing that Elder Whitworth's mom did is she took a big thing of Skippy smooth peanut butter from Costco and put it in of of those vacuum bags that you put like meat and stuff in and then suck all the air out. You know what I'm talking about? I can't remember what they're called. But yeah... that's just an idea. Other than that, the only thing I can thing of that I've been missing lately is cheese its. ha ha I had the most random craving for pepper jack cheese its the other day.... ha ha So yeah. there's just a couple of ideas. Of course, as always, American deodorant is always greatly appreciated. I still have a stick and a half but you can never have enough good, American deodorant! ha ha.

So Elder Whitworth and I started something crazy last Tuesday. ha ha So last Monday night we both were talking and we were like man, we are fat! We need to lose weight! So we decided to go on a diet. so... the next morning we made a quick trip to the store and bought a blender and about 300 crowns of fruits and vegetables. Now, for the past week we have been on an all natural fruit and vegetable smoothie diet. So for two meals a day (breakfast and lunch) we drink a smoothie made of just straight fruits and vegetables and then a little bit of milk and yogurt. Then for dinner we eat a light, high protein meal. Am i hungry all the time? Yes. But have I lost 2.5 kilos (5.5 lbs) already? You better believe it! And I feel a ton better! So hopefully Elder brown is down with this diet because I'm definitely not stopping. ha ha You should see our fridge, it just looks like a wild garden on the inside. It's chuck full of fruit and vegetables. So yeah, that was our random impulse decision last week. ha ha.

Man I really can't believe that Tyson is getting married on Friday! So crazy! Baby brother is all grown up! ha ha I'm sure it's really stressful but I'm sure everything will go great and that they will be so happy. Make sure to send lots of pictures!

That antique boutique you went to sounds like a blast mom! I'm glad you found a cool typewriter too! You will definitely have to send me a picture of it one you get it all cleaned and fixed up. I love old stuff like that.

That is so sad about the bombings in Boston! I'm glad they have caught the suspects though. I hear that a factory exploded in Texas too? Was that just an accident of something more? And what's the deal with North Korea? I hear they have been freaking out and threatening everybody with nuclear war? Man... the last day's seriously are here, the world is going to crap.

Well family... that is probably it for this week. I hope you all have an amazing week and know that I love you all so very much! Good luck with the wedding and everything else this week and know that even though I can't be there, I'll be thinking of everybody on Friday. Especially you Ty! Love you buddy, good luck being a married man. ha ha

I love you all so very much! This gospel is true and I love it! I'll end with my favorite quote from the man himself, Brigham young, "I wanted to thunder and roar out the Gospel to the nations. It burned in my bones like fire pent-up, nothing would satisfy me but to cry abroad in the world, what the Lord was doing in the latter days"
Get the dop!

love-

Äldste McKay Vance. 
 This week we went on splits with the elders in the area of Växjö and we saw this awesome viking rune stone! It dates back to around year 1000.



An awesome Rapunzle tower in the city of Landskrona in our area!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.