Monday, April 15, 2013


Hej men tjäna familjen!


How is everyone this week? This week was really good here in Helsingborg! It wasn't as action packed as last week but it was still really good! Elder Whitworth and I still continue to strive forward in the work and we are seeing success. Hermina's baptism went really well! It was a very simple, small baptismal service but the spirit was amazingly strong. There were only about 15 of us there total but everyone was so excited for Hermina and she was so excited to finally be baptized! She came to church for the first time back in 2011 with her member friend Lucy. So ever since 2011 she has been coming now and again to church and has always felt the spirit here. She had received a book of Mormon from missionaries before but had never been formally taught. So when Elder Whitworth and I started teaching her it went so smoothly! She was so prepared and ready. She was just waiting for us to get our act together and teach her what she needed to know! ha ha For the opening hymn we sang "I am a child of God" and as soon as we started singing both her and Lucy started to cry. She was just so happy and so grateful to have the gospel in her life. I have never seen someone with such innocent and pure faith. She accepted all we taught her without hesitation because she felt the spirit, and recognized his voice testifying to her of the truthfulness of this message. Just before the baptismal service started she began to cry and hug me and just kept saying thank you, and then, as I baptized her and she came up out of the water she just looked me and in eyes and kept saying "Thank you, thank you!" It was a really amazing experience! That is why I love this gospel! Nothing else in this world can give one such simple but perfect and pure joy. This gospel is happiness. The plan our Father has for us is one of love. I am so amazingly grateful for the great blessing I have to walk among these people in Sweden and spread the good message that we have!

Other than the baptism, The week was a fairly normal week. We went on exchanges with the elders in Lund on Thursday so Elder Whitworth went to Lund with Elder Roberts and I took Elder Roberts' greenie, Elder Mangum, back to Helsingborg with me. Elder Mangum is one of Sammy Draper's friends and he is a total stud! He has only been here for three weeks and he is fearless! He didn't hesitate to bear testimony and participate in contacting people and teaching lessons. It was a super fun exchanges. We got to know each other better and had quite a bit in common to talk about. He also was a lacrosse player so he played with Scotty on the high school team a little bit. But yeah, I can see why Nate Lords loved Lund so much. It is one of the coolest little towns! That is where we always have our zone trainings because they have a YSA center there. It is one of those classic towns that you would imagine when you think of old timey Europe. Cobble stone streets and all.
Well family, I know that this email is pretty short but the Internet is being really picky today and giving me a headache so I'm gonna call it a week. But I hope you all have a great week and know that I love you all so very much and that I

love this gospel and my mission so much!

with love-

Äldste Keetch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.