Monday, January 21, 2013

You got an email comin' in hot!

tjabba allihopa! hur står det till?


Wow, I have a lot to cover this week! ha ha So let's get to it.

So on Wednesday morning myself and Elder Asp had the joy of getting up at four in the morning and taking the assistants to the train station so that they could catch a train down to Helsingborg in the south of Sweden to train the zone leaders there. Then, we turned around, went back, Elder Asp packed all his stuff up, we went and taught a lesson quickly, and then I had to take him into the train station to catch his train to Västerås (his new area) and then wait for my new companion, Elder Knecht. Once elder Knecht got there we headed back to the office and I started showing him the ropes and showing him how the office runs and everything, and then we headed out for the night to proselyte. It was a really busy day!

So anyways... The next few days were spent getting Elder Knecht oriented into office life and introducing him to the area. So because of the switch of companions and the fact that the assistants are going to be gone training a lot in the future, we switched back to regular companionship's instead of the split companionship's that we are used to. So that means that I am now back in Täby ward with Elder Knecht and the assistants are in Stockholm ward for the time being. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't too happy about this, I was really starting to love Stockholm and working with the YSA's and everything and not to mention we had three really solid investigators that were getting baptized in the weeks surrounding my birthday. But what happens happens, there's not a thing I can do about it. And all that matters is that those Zaya and Titti and Bell get baptized, it doesn't matter if I'm there or not. So yeah, Me and Elder Knecht are hitting up Täby now and things are actually looking really good! We have a couple really positive investigators right now and one entire family that could be getting in the water here soon.

So on Saturday night Elder Knecht and I got the always dreaded phone call from the first councilor in the bishopric saying that a speaker had canceled last second and asking us to take his place. ha ha so Sunday morning for personal study I had to hurry and prepare a talk for sacrament meeting on honoring our covenants. It was really good and only had to be like 6-10 minutes so it was really a piece of cake. So then, right after sacrament the Sunday school teacher walks up and is like, hey, can you guys help me with the lesson today? I should have called you last night but I forgot. ha ha So we then had to role play teaching him as an investigator in front of all of Sunday school and then lead a discussion afterwards so we basically taught Sunday school and then, right after Sunday school the primary teacher comes up and is like Elders! The teacher of the CTR age primary group isn't here today, can you cover? And just hands us the primary teaching book. ha ha So we had to go in and wing a lesson on choosing the right for the 4-6 year olds. ha ha It was really funny, I love teaching little kids in Swedish. It is so cute and funny to hear them speak Swedish in their little high pitched kid voices. I love it. I know every missionary says this, but I really want to speak Swedish with my kids as they grow up. I think it would be so awesome!

So anyways, after that crazy Sunday, that brings us to today! We get a semi normal p-day today but the last hour of our p-day is going to be cut off because we have to meet as an office with president at 5 o'clock and plan out everything for tomorrow because we get new missionaries in tomorrow! 10 new missionaries straight from the MTC! I think that it is 3 sisters and 7 elders. So tomorrow is going to be a very busy day running too and from every where and helping get the greenies all settled in and trying to teach and take care of our area at the same time.

Wow that is so crazy that Kyle Teuscher had to be flown home! What was it that was wrong with him again? I hope everything goes well and that he doesn't have to be reassigned state side! Let me know how things go and I will definitely keep him in my prayers! I can't believe Scotty Draper is married! That is so great! You will have to send me some pictures if you get a chance. Tell him congratulations for me!

So that is really awesome that Curtis Castillow got that job up at BYU I! I hope all goes well for them up there! We will for sure miss them though! You and the Milners for sure need to keep the dinner club going though! I can't believe you guys have been doing that for like 12 years now! That is nuts.

I am glad to hear that you have been in an organizing mood lately mom and dad!  I'm even more glad to hear that my room will be left out of that organization! ha ha Thank you. You know what you guys could do?! You could organize how to get a pool table downstairs.... ha ha just saying! I have gotten pretty good at pool since I've been gone and I want to keep my skills up when I get home! ha ha

So thank you for letting me get a backpack for my birthday! The one I am looking at is one that a lot of missionaries get and is really nice. It's called the haglöfs corker and it is about 500 crowns which is about 80 bucks. It's kind of expensive but it is a really nice backpack, and is really comfortable. Haglöfs is one of the tops outdoors brands here in Sweden. As for my package, the only specific things I can think of would be a couple more sticks of deodorant to keep in my stockpile so that I don't have to resort to Swedish deodorant, and then if you could send me my skinny knit tie I would love you to death! The one that is red and blue horizontal striped and is square at the bottom. I didn't think I would be able to wear knit ties on my mission but we can here and I actually bought one from H&M not too long ago so I would love my other one! Oh and if you ever saw a tie clip that is meant for skinny ties I would love one! Like just a plain bar tie clip that is shorter so that it fits skinny ties. If you understand what I mean? Other than that I don't have anything specific. Thank you so much in advance for the birthday package! I can't wait! it's crazy to think that I will be twenty! ha ha oh so mom, I almost forgot to explain the picture with the plastic bags around my hands. ha ha It is just an inside joke that me and Elder Hart and Elder Leirimaa have... ha ha It's hard to explain but it is from this YouTube video we have all seen and in the video they call this guy Mr. balloon hands. ha ha So that is me attempting to be Mr. balloon hands. ha ha Missionaries are definitely really easily entertained.

Anyways fam, I'm going to head for now but I hope you all have good weeks and don't forget your Swede over here in the freezing cold!

With love-

Äldste Keetch.

P.S. this past week we were at a member's house for dinner up in the middle of the forest and when we went out to get in the car to go home it was -23 degrees! that is about -9 in Fahrenheit! and it was only 8:00 at night!

P.P.S- Could you all keep elder Asp in your prayers this week? I guess he got an email today saying that his grandma passed away this last week. I love that kid more than I can ever express and miss him so much and I'm sure this is going to be hard for him so if you could all just keep him and his family in your prayers that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.