Monday, January 28, 2013

Sorry this is short!

Hey everyone! So, unfortunately, this week's email is going to be a quick one.

I will start of by apologizing! Half of our p-day is getting taken away by a meeting we have to have with President and then we want to make it into Stockholm quickly to see the King. It is what is called, his name-day, today so he is going to be there at the changing of the guard at noon at the palace so we need to hurry and see if we can make it. But I'll share a little about my week quickly first.

So the new greenies came in on Tuesday and they are all so awesome! I got a brother! ha ha Elder Sanders, my mission dad, is training again so that means that I got a mission brother. Also I got a cousin! ha ha Because my mission uncle, Elder Ross, is training one of the new greenies too! ha ha I got a picture of me, Elder sanders, and my brother Elder Milsap so I will have to send that today :) Anyways, the greenies got here early in the morning and we picked them up and took them to migration and then took them to the YSA center in Stockholm for lunch. Then we took them out contacting in Stockholm for and hour. I was with Elder Jones who is now being trained in Karlskrona, he was so awesome and his Swedish is great! I am always so amazed by how great the new missionaries Swedish is when they first get here! It really is such a huge testimony of the gift of tongues. And I'm sure that will be even more prevalent with the group coming in March and all the groups after that seeing that they will only spend 6 weeks in the MTC from now on. That is so nuts! So anyways, after contacting we take them back to the mission office and have orientation and then take them to the mission home where they have dinner with President and Sister Newell and then over night. The next day is when they have more orientation and then meet their trainers and then head on their way. It was super fun! That is probably my favorite thing about being in the office is being here when all the new missionaries get here.

Zaya is going to be baptized this coming Saturday and I will be able to be there at the baptism so that will be good! Oh and Elders Leirimaa and Hart were able to set baptismal dates with the rest of Zaya's family for the 23rd of February! How awesome is that?! Ah I am so excited for them!

Sounds like all is well with you guys back home which is good to hear! I hope you all know how much I love and miss you! I need to head now and I feel so bad since this email is so short but I will try and get back on tonight and write a little more and if I don't then I will definitely make up for it next week! I love you all so much! All is well here in Sweden, I love the lord, I love my mission, I love this people, and I love all of you! Talk to you next week!

Love-

Elder McKay.

P.S. I am picking up my new backpack today and will try and send pictures next week along with some pictures of the King hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.