Sunday, February 28, 2010

writing exercise #2 topic: the small things

In this never halting ride we call life it amazes me the things we choose to occupy our time with. Its always about the "big picture" in this life. But isn't it the small things that make all of this worth while? To press my point further i will refer back to my comparison of life to a ride.

A roller coaster; monstrous at first glance, and intimidating by any standard is nothing but a heap of metal without one critical component: bolts. These minuscule, seemingly insignificant, parts are the single most important aspect of any structure, for bolts are what give a roller coaster it's strength.

Now, without straying any further, i come back to my previous point. The small things. A kiss on the cheek, a get well wish, a hug from behind. All these things may be small and seemingly unimportant, but what is life without them? Nothing more than a tedious routine.

I personally can not survive without these little acts. They are what get me through the circus i live in. I with i could bear the title of ring leader in this circus, but no, i am nothing more than a side attraction who, occasionally, gets a bone thrown his way.

I leave you with one piece of advice; when (if ever) you find someone or something that brings you the kind of pleasure i have mentioned in this text, hold on tight, and don't let go til the ride is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.