Thursday, April 19, 2012

Att Hålla ut Intill Slutet

So... that subject means to hold out until the end (endure to the end.) ha ha I'm not really sure why I put that as the subject but that's the first Swedish phrase that came to my mind. So how is everyone?! This week has been a great! But, not super eventful. Monday we Swedes lost our best friends the Danes (Danish speaking missionaries) They kind took us under their wing when we first got here and we had become really good friends with them. They left on Monday so that was kinda depressing. But now new Danes and new Dutchies get here today so we will have to do the same thing to them that the old Danes did for us. So, Dad you had some questions on Sundays I believe? We have around 30 Elders and Sisters in our branch. About 4 districts and we are the only non English district. ha ha So we have to give all of our talks in English even though we write them in Swedish. haha So that throws us off some times. Everyone in the branch has to write a talk each week and then the branch presidency picks 2-3 Elders/Sisters that will speak on the spot. I got chosen this last Sunday. Our topic was enduring to the end actually. So maybe that's why I had that phrase in my head. haha Oh, I can't remember if I ever clarified this but there are only 5 elders in my district and we are the only Swedish district in the MTC. They only have Swedish missionaries come in every 9 weeks. So we are it. I was actually released as DL on Sunday. Just for the fact that we are half way through the MTC so they usually switch leadership at the half way point. So Elder Ouimette is the new DL. This will be a good opportunity for him I think. I loved it. Oh and Elders Muirbrook and Sagers are the new ZL's. I don't know if i told you that?  Mom, to answer Shelly's question. They never made a special announcement about Elder Archuleta but they maybe should have... ha ha The first couple days he was getting mobbed by sister missionaries. I felt bad for him. But then it got better. He actually sang in our fireside on Sunday night! It was super good, and guess who the speaker was?! M. Russell Ballard! It was an awesome fireside! He spoke on the power of the spirit and teaching with it. It was great. No I haven't seen Zach yet! We always either have gym in the mornings or late at night. But we switch schedules on Monday so maybe I'll see him then. I'm not really sure why we are switching schedules but when we do our p-days will be on Thursdays so just so you know I won't email until Thursdays starting next week. Just FYI! So Mom, Don't worry, I'm taking lots of pictures! I'll try and send an SD card home soon! Oh mom, a pair of my suit pants got caught on a chair and ripped a few weeks back, if I send them home could you sew them and send them back? It's not bad, it's on the inside of the waist band. it's hard to explain. Your packages are great and I want you to know how very much I appreciate them! oh man, that cookie dough and those cookies were awesome mom thank you so much! My district and I had a great time with the giant Reese's! So thanks for throwing them in! Well my time is up for this week so I need to head! I love you all so very much! In the words of Cody, the church is definitely true. ha ha Tell Mark happy belated birthday! I'm sure he loved his surprise, that was awesome of them to do!
Well, until next week. I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.