Monday, March 26, 2012

Hello from your very own Swede!!

Heysan familjen! Oh man this week.... where do we begin? haha. I guess I'll just start from the begining. So, after the drop off, I headed to get all my info and nametag and my picture taken and then my host took me to my room and dropped off my stuff and then I went straight to class where my teacher, Broder Winegar, spoke in nothing but Swedish for the next 2 hours. haha He is a really awesome teacher and knows Nathan Lords. Anyways the rest of the day was just a blur of welcome meetings and class time. It was insane to say the least. You could definitely say it was an initiation. Haha. So on thursday we spent all day in class and being oriented some more and then that night we met our branch presidency and guess what??! I got called to be the DL! (district leader). Haha that was kinda crazy but really cool. So, as DL I just lead my district, which consists of 6 of us, get the mail, and interview the senior companions weekly. I check the mail twice a day, so use dear elder and send things as much as you want! It's always nice when there's a little something in there for me. I love you all so much! Did I mention that? That's too bad about BYU dad, but hey we all expected it. And dad, I Definitely miss our drives to work too. A lot. Not necessarily work, but the drives for sure. So, a normal day for me is up at 6:30, get showered and shave. Breakfast at 7:20 then personal study time or teach our investigator ( Yes, we teach her all in Swedish. It's so hard but so cool!!) Then we have comp study and sometimes a workshop and then lunch at around 11:50. Then we have a 3 hour classroom instruction block, followed by an hour of personal language study. After that we have dinner around 5ish and then personal study, then gym for an hour then bed. I haven't seen Zach yet. I usually have gym either early in the morning or late at night. Oh, and I've seen so many people so far! Elder Hayden Andersen lives literally One door down from me, so that's awesome. He leaves for Korea Monday though. Then I've seen Zac Harris, Cade Wilkes, Austin Heder, and Winston Sorhitz multiple times. Oh my!...I only have two minutes left...what did I forget to say? I love it here. It's definitely not the funnest thing I've ever done, and it is so hard, but it's where I'm supposed to be. I love you all so much and miss you very badly! The language is...progressing...I say all my prayers in Swedish now and know the missionary purpose and how to bear a simple testimony. I love this gospel so dearly and I love you all. I will have to tell you more about my district next week because Im out of time, but they're great. Things are as good as they can be as of now. I love you! See you all soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.