Monday, November 12, 2012

Hej pa er!

How's it going family?!


So another exciting week has shot by here in the office, and with it came even more big news! haha So I guess I'll go ahead and start with that.

So on Friday president was here in the office and pulled me and Elder Asp (Elder Carpenter was on splits with the Stockholm zone leaders) and the assistants into his office for a meeting and told us that we will be switching compainionships up a little bit. So how things will work now is until two o'clock every day (office hours), Elders Asp, Carpenter, and I will be companions, but then, after two o'clock we will have what are called "proselyting compainions" which means I will be companions with Elder Lamb, and Elder Carpenter will be companions with Elder Kleis. I guess they have done this before in the office in an attempt to get us out of here by two o'clock more consistantly. Also, it was Elder Lamb's 21st birthday on Saturday and his American license expired, and Elder Kleis doesn't have a drivers license because they are so expensive in Europe. So neither of them can drive! haha So that makes me and Elder Carpenter the only two that can drive out of the five of us! (Elder Asp never got his license before the mish). haha So we have to split up so that everyone can still get to their appointments. For now, Elder Asp will stay here in the office after we leave and be comps with Elder Erikson(the senior couple here in the office) then, once the Erikson's go home for the night he will be with Elder Carpenter and Kleis for the rest of the night. So kind of a crazy set up here for a little while but things will get alot simpler here on the 22nd when Elder Carpenter get's transferred and Elder Kleis goes home. Then we will hopefully be back down to just four in the office.

Did I confuse anybody with that long winded explanation?? haha Basically, all you need to know is from six thirty to two o'clock I will be with Carpenter and Asp in the office, and then from two until the end of the night I will be with Elder Lamb out proselyting. so yeah, that's the plan for now! haha

Oh and also in that same interview president told me and Elder Asp that he plans on keeping us here in the office for a long time. Like around 5-6 months.... haha so I guess I better get comfy! haha President changes his mind alot though so we'll see what actually happens. I feel like this means one of two things, president either really likes me and wants me here, or I did something wrong so he wants me here to keep a closer eye on me. haha Hopefully the first one!

So other than that this week has been just a normal week. We have another baptismal date! His name is Björne! He is a super awesome guy! I taught him on Sunday during priesthood with the assistants and he is so solid! He is the husband of a recently reactivated member who is now very strong in the church and is really adamant about helping Björne take this step. His date is for the 15th of December, which would be the Saturday right before Elder Lamb goes home so I really hope we can make that date! He has a problem with drinking coffee. Like a serious problem. Like 15 cups a day problem. haha But we are confident he can quit, he has already quit smoking and snus without too big of a problem so he can get past coffee I'm sure. and as for our other baptismal date, Nadia, she is doing well! I feel like quitting coffee will be a bit more of a challenge for her because she kind of self medicates with it to cope with headaches she gets from her epilepsy. But we met with her on Tuesday and taught the word of wisdom and she said that she believes she can quit, she's just scared. We will be doing family home evening tonight with her and her son so hopefully all goes well there. She is very determined to be baptized, but isn't quite as determined to quit drinking coffee right now. So we kind of need to help her realize more clearly how hand in hand those two things are.

So last night I was with Elders Kleis and Lamb at a members house for dinner and come to find out that this member goes to Pleasant Grove on buisness like 5-6 times a year! haha How crazy is that!? His name is Bengt Emanuelsson and I guess he his the manager over all of Europe for the company Synergy which is based out of Pleasant Grove right down by the University of Phoenix by the freeway! Världen är så liten! (the world is so small!) haha So yeah we got chatting about PG and he pulled up google maps and had me show him our house and all this stuff it was so cool! Then he started talking and aparently he is really good friends with the Normans and the Iorg's! as in Dane and Gay Iorg! haha I was just like no way!? My parents are friends with the Iorg's too! haha It was really really cool! So you'll gave to call up Gay mom and ask about Bengt. He is such an awesome guy! Their whole family was super cool. We had a really good time at dinner with them. Oh and he said that he is going to PG in about four weeks so I'm going to try and convince him to drop by the house or some thing. I think that would be so cool!

So holy cow do you all really have six inches on the ground!? That is crazy! It still hasn't really snowed here. Well at least not in Stockholm, it probably has clear up in Norrland. but it is definitely getting cold! And darker and darker each day. It's staring to get dark closer to three o'clock now. So that is depressing. haha By the time I actually get out of the office each day it's dark. haha but oh well. So good luck to BYU in their bowl! Do you know who they will play yet? That's just nice that they ended up being bowl eligible.
That is so amazing That you guys got to hear Elder Bednar! He is so good! Dad, I definitely feel you on the need to better your personal scripture study. I get an hour each day just for personal study and sometime I get to the end of that hour and am just like, wow, I really should have used my time better, I didn't learn anything! Oh and that is really neat about the Baklunds! I am so excited for them to get here! I'm going to talk to president about going to the airport to pick them up when they first get here. So hopefully I can!

Well fam I need to head for this week but know that I love you each so very much and love the work that I am permitted to do here for the people of Sweden!

I love you all!

love-

Äldste Keetch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

loff.

loff.